Monday 14 June 2010

Post-Natal elation?

So that's Microsoft's key-note speech at E3 over with. The best bit? A new smaller, quieter, built in wi-fi, bigger hard drive, black and shiny new Xbox 360! The worst bit? Everyone in attendance got one for free.

Of course I'm jealous! Mostly because it's supposed to be "whisper quiet" and that, if true, is a real improvement over the noisy bastard of a one I own.

Anyway! Fable 3, Gears Of War 3, Metal Gear Solid: Rising, a Gladiator style action thing from Crytek, and the obligatory Halo stuff.

And then there's Kinect. The rubbish new name for the already rubbishly named Project Natal. Now I'm not usually one to get suckered into advertising, except it seems when it comes to video game and in this case a shiny new(ish) peripheral. But for moments there I really was imaging that I would play with an updated version of Dogz. And that I was a sweaty woman in her early 20s and would obviously love to do some exercises in my white painted loft apartment in upper (or lower - whichever one is the nicest) Manhattan with a massive HDTV stapled to the wall while my ethnically diverse boyfriend/gay next-door neighbour battered the pixels out of virtual stuff. And that I could honestly get as enthusiastic about things as those two ladies who presented the floaty raft game that reminded me of Toobin'.

Then I remembered that I'm not any of that.

Bother.

Still tomorrow brings Nintendo's and Sony's E3 presentations. And tonight EA and Ubisoft are doing theirs. Will EA announce a good Def Jam fighting game? (No) Will I manage to stay up til 1.00am to see Ubisoft announce something about Beyond Good & Evil 2? (probably not)

Still, it's an interesting arm flailing start to this year's E3!

No comments:

Post a Comment