Tuesday 15 June 2010

Sony's on Coke

Well how else would it have the confidence to go around the developers at EA and buy up exclusive content for Dead Space 2 and Medal Of Honor? And snide innuendo aside Sony has launched a promotion with Coca-Cola to help get brand awareness for the PlayStation Move - the wacky, wavy, wandy thing that is Sony's latest entry to the ongoing motion control debacle. It seems fine, though the Sorcery game didn't.

3DTV was heavily promoted with 3D versions of Killzone 3 and Gran Turismo 5 being shown - but the thing is I still haven't caught up with HDTV yet, so I can't even contemplate a 3D set until... probably around 2016, at the earliest.

Kevin Butler did a fine job of impersonating a Sony executive, by being kind of scary but kind of funny too. The PSP is still just not very good and there is still nothing on it that really makes me want one, especially as it gives me really bad hand cramp after a few hours.

But the highlight for me was Twisted Metal. I loved 2 on the PSone and this looks like it'll best that by a long way especially with all the online multiplayer it's got going on.

And that would appear to be that, even though the conference was about two hours long there really wasn't much else to see. So I'm moving along - Capcom's bound to have some awesome Marvel Vs Capcom stuff to show off!

No comments:

Post a Comment